What are third cycle programs?
The third cycle degrees include all degrees awarded in a post-Master training lasting at least one year (60 ECTS). Regular Master's programmes are not to be included here - even in the case where the students do not qualify for government funding or student support. The category is reserved for Post-initial higher education programmes. See: Third cycle programs in the U-Map Glossary.
What is the difference between 'career oriented' and 'general formative' programs?
Please see the glossary.
The distinction between ‘general formative programmes’ and ‘other career oriented programmes’ is not a clear cut distinction. It is a ‘soft’ approach to characterise the programmes offered. The traditional categories ‘academic’ versus 'professional or vocational oriented’ proved to be difficult. The three categories call for a judgment from the side of the institution of the character of its programmes on offer.
What is a short first cycle program?
Associate degree programmes and other programmes awarding official degrees that take two or less than three years of study.
What is an undivided degree?
Undivided degrees awarded refers to the 'pre-Bologna' degrees that were and sometimes still are awarded in a number of continental European systems. After the Bologna reforms, most of these undivided programs were split up into a bachelor and a master degree program.
Is there a national conversion list for regulated professions?
Following the link below you will find a listing of regulated professions for the Dutch case:
What are career-oriented programs?
One may argue that bachelor and master programmes offered by universities of applied sciences are either career-oriented or leading to a licensed/regulated profession. In the research universities, programmes will be more of an academic type, and their programmes in many cases will be of a "general formative" type.
Alternative text can go here.